Want to get involved and make a difference in your Borough?
We have the following openings and opportunities to help. Download a Community Volunteer Form here!
- We have an opening on the Planning Commission effective immediately. Anyone interested can contact the Borough Office for more information.
- We have an opening on the Rec Board starting January 1, 2013. This is a two year appointment to finish the term of a resigning member.
- Volunteers are needed for the Street Fair Committee. Unfortunatly, the 2011 Street Fair has been canceled along with the fireworks becasue no one has stepped up to help organize this event.
- Several volunteers are needed to reform the Glen Rock Beautification Committee. Help maintain and improve the aesthetics of the Borough.
- We need help from anyone with experience writing Grants. One of the best ways to improve the Borough is through the Grant award process. If you have experience writing Grants or would like to learn and help us win money for Glen Rock improvements, we could really use your help. This is THE primary way we are able to make improvements in our Borough!
- Newsletter Editor: We need one person to be the newsletter editor. This person needs to be able to use a computer to put the Community Connection newsletter together and ready it for printing. Content will be provided by the Borough. There will be four newsletters a year of one or two pages.
- Do you have a skill that we could use? Let us know how to use your talents to improve our Borough!
- If you would like to be on the waiting list to help with the Police Commission or Planning Commission please contact the borough office. The Police Commission oversees the administration of Southern Regional Police Department. They meet the first Wednesday of each month. The Planning Commission meets once per month to review prospective plans in the Borough and check compliance with local ordinances.
Note: Borough Council, Planning Commission and Police Commission personnel must be Borough Residents. Three of the five Rec Board members must be Borough Residents. Other positions do not require that you live inside Borough limits.
Contact the Borough Office for more information on any of these or other opportunities to help in Glen Rock Borough. Even if a vacancy does not exist right now, life events can cause short notice openings. Contact the Borough Office to volunteer for future openings or to submit a Letter of Interest. Thank you!!