Before starting your project, get all needed permits!
- 1. Download the appropriate permit applications below. Contact the borough office if you are unsure which forms you need. The Workers’ Compensation Form is normally required with Building and Zoning Permit applications.
- 2. Fill out the application(s) in detail. A sample Zoning Permit site plan may be downloaded below.
- 3. Bring the applications to the Borough Office for processing. The Zoning Permit fee of $44 is due upon application for the permit. Building Permit fees vary depending on the type of project and number of inspections required. A Building Permit plan review fee of $40 is due upon application for the permit. Additional fees for inspections will be due and payable when the permit is picked up from the Borough Office.
- 4. Code Administrators Inc. (CAI) will complete the approval process to ensure the project will be in compliance with relevant codes and ordinances. (Turnaround time: Residential: 15 business days / Commercial: 30 days)
- 5. You will be notified when your permit is ready for pick up from the Borough Office. Any additional Building Permit fees will be due at time of permit pickup.
- 6. Once the project is started, contact CAI directly for inspections (24 hour minimum notice required).
Download applications and forms here:
** These permits are relatively simple and require a shorter approval process, all within the borough office. Download these forms, fill out the application(s) in detail, and bring them to the borough office for processing.
## Only needed if located on a borough street, not on private property.